31/05/2020 - CPANEL services disruption and workaround - Resolved Resolved
Normal control panel access may be disrupted while we implement DNSSEC
CPanel Management Service will be disrupted/unavailable between 00:00 EAT May 30th to the 3rd of June we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Resolved: 01/06/2020 / 20:13h EAT
Whats is DNSSEC
DNSSEC adds another layer of security to the DNS lookup. by using digital signatures and cryptographic keys to validate the DNS responses’ authenticity. These digital signatures protect clients from various forms of attack, such as Spoofing or Man-in-the-Middle attacks.
Control Panel Access:
- https://<your domain>/cpanel
- https://<your domain>/webmail
While CFTS implements DNSSEC if you have trouble with CPanel or webmail access, please use the following direct access IP's. enter your details as you would normally do.
- https://126.96.36.199:2083 (cPanel)
- https://188.8.131.52:2096 (Webmail)
*Please note while using this access the SSL certificates will show as invalid, the connection is still encrypted but not verified.
Only the management interface is affected. All other services and domains should be unaffected.
If you feel technically inclined you can find out more below:
- DNSSEC check, ideally, all checkmarks should be green.
- About DNSSEC here.
- Can only be resolved at Tier 1 Level, as it involves domain validation above NS level, much like rDNS pointers for IP's.